Sunday, October 26, 2008

Guess What I Did?

Saturday was a beautiful fall day. A beautiful sunrise amid some big clouds led to a crisp day of sunshine and temperatures in the low to mid-teens. So, what's a girl to do but run. This is a picture of me during my 50 km run on Saturday!

50 km is my furthest distance ever on the road. I ran in the Club Fat Ass Seawall 100 miler. Yup, a 100 mile run on pavement. Only one person attempted the full distance, overcome by a bout of sanity and abandoning after about 14 hours and about 70 miles!

My running time was 4:44, with my marathon split being 3:55. My pace was comfortable and easy, just out enjoying the day. I wasn't pushing it at all, and really wanted to go further than 50, but decided it best to save my legs for Seattle. I ran into Millie, Bax, and their dad along the way, out for a stroll on the seawall, and also helped to capture a run away beagle in the west end! You may recall that my Boston time was 3:58, so even my easy long runs are faster than that painful experience at Boston.
My 50 km has given me the confidence to have a Seattle objective of a PB. My best so far is 3:43 at Haida Gwaii, but I think I'm ready to better that (and maybe even go sub-3:40!). Bouvier will be joining me in Seattle, where he'll wait for me in his "heavenly bed" in our view suite at the Westin Hotel.

1 comment:

Leonard said...

Awesome Kaul!

I didn't understand what you said about a 100-miler. How far did you run?

50K is crazy, take it easy.

Leonard.