Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Last Long Run

Yesterday I did my last long run before the Seattle Marathon, in 2.5 weeks time. I ran 34.5 km on a very difficult course which had a 6km climb in the middle of it, and ended with another 6km climb up Mountain Highway to home. It was a tough run and was really hard to get through.

Everytime I wanted to quit, I had to remind myself that if I didn't do my long run now, I'd have to do it on the weekend.

I think I found it so hard because my legs were probably tired from the race on Saturday, and because of the difficulty of the route I selected. My longer runs of 37 and 50km in weeks past were easier for me, so I'll hope for that feeling in Seattle. This picture is me during a chat break on my 50k, and how I'll try to remember to feel when running Seattle - relaxed, happy, and just having a good time.

From here on in, I'll just do shorter (less than 20k) runs, and a couple of interval sessions. This is the most prepared I've felt for a marathon - I'm actually looking forward to running and seeing how I can do.

Bouvier is doing well these days too, and is happy I'm done my long run so I can spend extra time giving him belly rubs and treats! He's such a spoiled little beast. By the way, he turned 13 last week! Happy Birthday Teddy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Teddy!